|The EFT Tapping Points
To learn the EFT points look at this chart while tapping along to the following instructions. Prior to a first appointment, review these points and become familiar with them - of course we will reveiw during the session.
Take your time to find the points according to the diagram and written instructions and practise tapping on each briskly, approximately 7 times with one hand.
1. Start by tapping on the karate chop point. Use the tips of all four fingers to tap the outside of the other hand. Alternatively tap this point against your leg or a chair (this works well for telephone sessions). Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. If you have long fingernails, use the pads near the end of your fingers to tap.
2. Next, move to the top of the head. Use all the fingertips on one or both hands to tap the top of the head. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
3. The eyebrow point is located at the beginning of the eyebrow, nearest the centre of the face. Use the index and middle fingers together to tap one eyebrow point. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
4. The side of the eye point is located on the bone and slightly into the temple at the side of the eye (in a straight line from the pupil). It's not so close to the eye that it feels like you're poking yourself and not so far away that you are tapping at the temple. Using the index and middle fingers together, tap on one eye point. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
5. The under the eye point is on the bone located under the eye in a vertical line down from the pupil. There is a little grove that you can feel when lightly rubbing the bone. Using the fingertips of the index and middle fingers, gently tap this spot under one eye. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
6. Now tap under the nose with the index and middle finger of one hand. The spot is roughly midway between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
7. The chin point is not really on the chin; it is mid-way between the bottom of the lower lip and the chin, in that indented area. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
8. The collarbone spots are located about one inch (2.5 cm) down and over towards the outside of where a man would tie his tie. Feel for the two little notches of bone below your throat and then into the hollow directly below and to the outside of them. Use the whole hand to tap across both the bony and hollow bits with about the same pressure as you would pat a baby's back to help it burp. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
9. The under the arm point is located about 4 inches (10 cm) below the armpit, where a woman’s bra crosses over the side of the body. Lift one arm and tap with all the fingers of the opposite hand. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
Important tapping notes:
- Notice there are corresponding points on both sides of the body. You need tap only one of each pair of points as you move down the body. You can also swap to the same point on the other side at any time, but it’s easier to go down one full side than to switch as you go. Likewise you can change your tapping hand if it starts to gets tired.
- Use the same pressure you would use if you were tapping on a table to make a drumming sound.
- This is the easy and effective short form of EFT that we will use during our phone/Skype sessions. I may teach you additional techniques and tapping points as we go.
“Emotion always has its roots in the unconscious and manifests itself in the body.” Irene Claremont de Castillejo